San Mateo, California - June 16th, 2016: Today NComputing, the fastest growing client virtualization company in the world, announces the launch of MX100, a new hybrid 3-user thin client kit delivering a rich user experience at an affordable price. MX100 combines the best features of NComputing’s widely popular M-series and X-series and is specifically designed for the Education and SMB workgroup computing environment. MX100 sets a new precedent in affordability standards within the shared computing market, providing customers with savings as much as 65% in purchase cost, 80% in maintenance cost and 90% in energy consumption when compared to an all PC-based solution.
The MX100 kit is designed based on feedback from existing customers, and is available in two models – MX100 Direct Connect Edition (MX100D) and MX100 Standard Edition (MX100S). Both kits include 3 access devices. Multiple kits can be connected to a single host computer. While the underlying architecture is identical, the MX100D and MX100S kits differ in how they connect to the host computer.
The MX100D uses PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) technology through the connected PCI Express card included in the kit. This allows support of up to 9 users for a single room deployment scenario, eliminating the need for a separate power adapter, network switch or 3rd party hardware or software.
The MX100S supports up to 45 users connected through a standard Local Area Network, enabling the access devices to be located anywhere on the LAN.
“NComputing continues to stay committed to providing the most affordable, powerful and easy-to-use thin client solution. The MX100 offers customers the choice of deploying either in Direct Connect Mode or Standard Network Mode, providing a flexible desktop virtualization solution. With enhanced multimedia performance, superior graphics, support for gigabit networks, and support for the latest Windows and vSpace platforms, MX100 provides great performance capability while delivering the lowest total cost per seat in our lineup, with a 70 percent saving in total cost of ownership compared to an all PC-based setup”, says Young Song, CEO of NComputing.
Key Features of the NComputing MX-series, two kit configurations include:
- MX100D (Direct Connect Edition) kit – MX100 devices directly connect to a host computer running vSpace Server via the provided PCI Express card for connectivity and power
- Can be used where there is limited or no Local Area Network
- 3-9 users can share a single host computer
- vSpace Server software delivers full screen Windows desktops to each user
- MX100S (Standard Edition) kit – MX100 devices connect to a host computer running vSpace Server over a Local Area Network (LAN)
- Interfaces to the host computer running vSpace Server through a standard Local Area Network
- Scales to support up to 45 users from a single, suitably configured host computer running vSpace Server software
- Can connect to multiple different vSpace Server host computers on the same network for even greater scalability
- Networked host computer(s) running vSpace Server software deliver full-screen Windows desktops to each user
- Ideal for larger deployments needing to support 10’s or 100’s of networked users
The NComputing MX100 is available worldwide through authorized NComputing resellers. To learn more about the NComputing MX100, please visit
About vSpace Server Software
vSpace Server software is a fully integrated end-to-end desktop and application virtualization platform that works with NComputing’s thin client solutions. It delivers the features and performance equal to or better than a dedicated PC user endpoint device. vSpace Server software is the ideal choice for organizations looking to take full advantage of desktop virtualization benefits, but do not have large budgets or IT staff to deal with the typically high cost and complexity associated with acquiring, deploying and maintaining a desktop virtualization solution. Making it a perfect fit for the SME, SMB and education markets.
NComputing Co., Ltd., founded in 2003, is a ZeroDesktop company and a leader in client virtualization solutions. Removing the barriers through a unique formula of simplicity, performance and value, NComputing’s integrated solutions serve global customers in key verticals such as education, healthcare and government. With over 20 million daily users in 140 countries, the company is fuelling the adoption of client virtualization faster than any other in the world. To learn more, visit http://www.ncomputing.com